Entrepreneur magazine has a great article on the myths business owners believe about copyright. Most notable:
1. “I can use a small amount of the song or text without a problem.”
3. “Since I’m not making money off the song/image/story, it’s fair use.”
5. “I tried to find the author/photographer, but couldn’t, so I can just go ahead and use the work.”
7. “The woman in the photo isn’t a celebrity, therefore I can use her picture.”
In case the title didn’t clue you in, these are myths. As in these are incorrect.
* * *
- Source: 7 Biggest Myths Business Owners Believe About Using Copyrighted Material | Entrepreneur.com
- This post is part of our legal series.